Saturday, November 20, 2010

holy crap

Wow. So its been almost a year. I am a slacker. Well here is the update:

I am still in school and working towards my degree. In fact I kind of am finally serious about it. After a small hiatus I am due to graduate at the end of summer. A little late but not bad.

I am planning on moving to Austin Texas next year. Its close to friends and family. Also, there is an amazing graduate program at UT. It has really reasonable admission requirements and there is no income tax in Texas. Crazy. I think I will miss the Bay Area, but thats what vacations are for.

At work, I am learning a lot about PRM and CRM. Its really been the greatest challenge of management. Speaking lightly and learning to communicate quietly has been a great dream of mine and now I am getting closer to it. Thanks JOB!!!

As for school, I took a fun class, Acting. While it is not for me long term, I do believe that I am okay at it (for a beginner) I might even try another class at some point. Also, my teachers are amazing and I am sad to be ending my time with them soon. But at some point we all have to move on.

As for love, happy and single. I have no time for love, which may be sad for now but is amazing for my passions.

As for Tigerlilly. She is 12 now. Hard to believe. After a small batch of fleas, she is happy again. I think the warmth of Texas will be good on her aging hips. We finally found a food she likes and is good for her. You wouldn't believe the challenges and complications it has been in the search.

Holidays are around the corner, and I am, unfortunately stuck working them. One day, I will leave the hospitality industry (and burn all of my clothes from them too) forever. I look forward to that day. It is a difficult industry to age in. The money comes fast and regularly but goes just as quickly. It is easy to get burnt out and hard to remember to take personal time for the self. There are vapid and intellectual individuals that come through on a regular basis, but no matter who calls to you, you are forced to communicate in a contrived way. Being yourself is limited, as I am sure in many industries, but without time for a personal outlet, I have become its slave. I think it was this wondrous industry that also reminded me of what I want. So all is not bad. I keep pushing forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment