Monday, November 29, 2010

Livermore Wine Time

Yesterday, my boss and I had an amazing morning. We began our day meeting clients for an offsite catering event Here. Afterwards we stayed and tasted their wines. (delicious!) The owners are very personable and down to earth. There is no flash or glam, just real people making really good wine. There facilities are beautiful and their grounds are breathtaking. If you find yourself on Tesla Road, stop in to see these people. Its nice to remember that wine doesn't have to be Hoity-toity, just wet.

Following the tasting and wonderful conversation, we moved on to Lunch. We were truly wined and dined. My best girl and another friend joined us. I must admit the service was flawless, the food was decadent and the company was, well, as always, fabulous.

The side story of yesterday, is that my best friend works with me and my boss is convincingly not the biggest fan. Thats fine, but its uncomfortable, and I believe the two of them having had bonding time will prove to be an essential part of growth for the bistro. At least I hope so. Sometimes seeing people you think can't shine, when they do brings a little grain of salt.

Livermore is wonderful for not just the rolling hills stocked with rows of grape vines, varying styles of architecture and landscapes, but on what it can do to friendship. It can bring people together, make memories, and open a new page. I am grateful to have been a part of this. I am grateful to have experienced a new place in the world with people who mean great amounts to me.

It isn't everyday that the profoundness of life reveals itself to you, but I do believe the bay area is more apt to experiencing it then the cold struggle of Ohio. While Youngstown brought me a new level of humility, California has brought me life's gold: accomplishments. Because it is not always what you see in the world, but how you react to what you see. Thank you Livermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment